Design: Basset Hound
Breeds: write list of breeds?
- The foremost use of the Basset Hound in the United States is for the hunting of rabbits.
- In trailing ability, the accuracy of the Basset's nose makes him second only to the Bloodhound.
- In 1935, the Basset Hound Club of America was organized in the United States.
- The February 27, 1928 issue of Time magazine carried the picture of a Basset puppy on the cover. The accompanying cover story was a write-up of the 52nd annual dog show of the Westminster Kennel Club at Madison Square Garden as if it were attended and observed by the puppy.
- "Basset" as applied to a breed of dog derives from the French adjective bas, meaning "low thing" or "dwarf".
- In the US, it was thought that George Washington owned Bassets presented to him as a gift by Lafayette after the American Revolution.
Basset Hound Products
Click on a Product Example Below to Order
There are currently no Basset Hound products. Please try back later.