Breeds: write list of breeds?
- In 1888 the National Beagle Club was formed and held the first field trial.
- The height limit of a Beagle in the United States is 15 inches and in England 16 inches; in addition, there are two varieties of Beagle within the prescribed height: those under 13 inches and those over 13 but at or under 15 inches.
- The American Beagle standard contains a section with "Recommendations for Show Livery", with the appropriate items to be worn on a hunt.
- Beagles do not drool or have a doggy odor, and shedding is minimal.
- Beagles are scent hounds used primarily for hunting rabbits to larger hares.
- The Beagle we know today is the result of select English importation; previous to about 1870 in the US, the little hunting hounds of the South, called Beagles, were more of the type of straight-legged Bassets or Dachshunds with weaker heads than the Bassets.
- Lyndon B. Johnson owned three Beagles named "Him," "Her," and "Edgar."
Click on a Product Example Below to Order
There are currently no Beagle products. Please try back later.