Design: Bearded Collie
Breeds: write list of breeds?
- The Beardie is also known as the Highland Collie, the Mountain Collie, or the Hairy Mou'ed Collie.
- The Beardie is one of Britain's oldest breeds.
- Current theory holds that the Beardie developed from the Magyar Komondor of Central Europe.
- The earliest known pictures of Beardies are a 1771 Gainsborough portrait of the Duke of Buccleigh and a 1772 Reynolds portrait of that peer's wife and daughter accompanied by two dogs.
- At the end of the Victorian era, Beardies were fairly popular in southern Scotland, used as both working and show dogs.
- The Beardie qualified for the Miscellaneous AKC Class in 1974, was accepted to the AKC Stud Book in 1976, became eligible for the Working Group in 1977, and became part of the Herding Group when it was formed in 1983.
Bearded Collie Products
Click on a Product Example Below to Order
There are currently no Bearded Collie products. Please try back later.