Design: Airedale Terrier Designs by Mike McCartney
Breeds: write list of breeds?
- The Airedale was a popular breed with Presidents. Woodrow Wilson had one named Davie, Warren Harding's was called Laddie Boy, and Calvin Coolidge had Paul Pry who was originally called Laddie Buck.
- John Wayne had an Airedale named Little Duke.
- Author of 'Of Mice & Men' & 'Grapes of Wrath' John Steinbeck was also an Airedale owner.
- The Airedale was one of the first breeds used for police duty in Germany and Great Britian.
- From 1864 and on, the earlier whelps were called Working, Waterside, and Bingley Terriers.
- The breed was used for wartime guard, messenger duty, rodent control, hunting birds and game.
- Warren Harding's "Laddie Boy" not only had his own hand-carved cabinet chair to oversee high-level meetings, but also invited all the neighborhood dogs to the White House for his birthday party, where they dined on dog biscuit birthday cake. "Laddie Boy" is even immortalized with a statue in the Smithsonian.
Airedale Terrier Designs by Mike McCartney Products
Click on a Product Example Below to Order
There are currently no Airedale Terrier Designs by Mike McCartney products. Please try back later.